15 May 2011

Judgment Day: 21 May 2011

Well, that's according to this religious group, anyway. I'm not inclined to believe it myself; I'm amillennialist, and the math's just weird to me. I'll stick to what Matthew had to say on the matter. But I suppose we'll all know our fates come next Saturday by being raptured--or not raptured, as the case may be.

I always thought that with the end of the world so near, I'd not go to work and spend all my money on a plane ticket home and/or a trip to the beach. But I also like the peaceful picture painted by Ray Bradbury in "The Last Night of the World," in which the end is simply thought of as "the closing of a book," and everybody just goes to bed at the end of the day, as if it were any other day. I can honestly say that if the world did end this Saturday, or in October, as the eBible Fellowship says it will, and I happened to be doing what I did every day, I wouldn't mind. The world will end sooner or later, whether by divine cataclysm or natural entropy, this Saturday or a billion years from now, and you either accept that or you don't.

Okay, all that said, I'd probably go to Martin's house, since he's my closest loved one in town, and we'd watch "Shrek" or "3 Idiots" or just read books together or something.

I think I'll do that anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment