30 December 2010

*trospect

We'll probably be busy preparing for New Year's Eve stuff tomorrow, so I'm going to do this now.

I don't set too much store by horoscopes, but it sucked to hear that next year would be bad for me. I mean, I'm not going to look for the lighter side anymore; I'm just going to say that 2010 wasn't happy. To get another crappy year just might make me crack.

That's what I want for 2011, though. (Crack? No, silly.) I seem to have lost my optimism. I'm no longer convinced when I tell myself and others that things will work out for the best in any and all aspects of my life. After a downer of a year, it's been hard for me to get my hopes up about anything anymore.

It's just no way to live. As it is, there are very few things that keep me happy in the big, bad city; without basic optimism, I'll never get anywhere. So this is to say that the pursuit of happiness will be my new year's resolution. I really hope I keep it.

--
Don't get me wrong, though. There have been some good times, with good people. For these (and for you), I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment